Invalid Collation Upgrading to 4.2 to 4.3

Re: Invalid Collation Upgrading to 4.2 to 4.3

by Whalon Herbert -
Number of replies: 0
Hi forum, 

Bumping this to see if resolution is expected in a future 4.3+ build or if the manual collation change is supported.  I am in same situation as @David Collins with regard to this issue in SQL Server 15.x.  I am working with our database team to determine the correct collation, and she interpreted the same debug message the same as above....a mix up/swap of case sensitive/accent sensitive notion in the collation name. 

Just today I tried to test upgrade using the 4.3+ latest package and the same error persists.

Leaning towards requesting her to change the collation from "SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CS_AS" to "Latin1_General_CS_AS" but am not clear if the php upgrade code in 4.3+ will interpret this as expected.

Could you advise...I see there are only a few cases of this being reported so far, and in the bug tracker I traced, this exact issue seemingly was reported as tested, verified, and fixed. At least i think I was looking at the same issue in the tracker forum.  I don't have that link in front of me, as i was searching from the server at the time, and i am back on my own machine now.

thanks,
WH