Referral/Affiliate Program

Referral/Affiliate Program

by Anne Wanjiru -
Number of replies: 2
Dear All,

I would like to set up a referral structure for my Moodle courses where a student can earn a commission when they refer another person to the course. The courses are set up for self-enrolment via Stripe. I have seen similar questions but most have not received replies and I am hoping someone might have a solution or suggestion for me.

Thank You!
Ann.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Anne Wanjiru

Re: Referral/Affiliate Program

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
I am guessing you would have to do something like that with another integration - Woocommerce has a referral plugin - if you connected to a Wordpress sites and handled your course sales through that, then you could do a referral program. Moodle is probably not going to have anything like as it is more about the learning and not about the sales side.  The only thing I could think is that you have a custom profile field that they have to fill out when creating an account that is how they heard about it and an optional one to name a person that you could then manually give a credit to that person.
In reply to Emma Richardson

Re: Referral/Affiliate Program

by Anne Wanjiru -
Hey Emma,
Thank You for your reply.

I will take a look at the Woo-commerce option. Yes second option is a possibility. We are currently using this with a drop-down of all students who are part of the referral program. It is functional but as we grow the program we are hoping to have another alternative.

Thank You again.