Attempted upgrade and failing backup

Attempted upgrade and failing backup

by Garry Neale -
Number of replies: 2

Hi. I have a problem following attempted upgrade from Moodle 4.0.1 to 4.2.2. with Softaculous. The upgrade stopped with the error:

Mixed Moodle versions detected, upgrade cannot continue. The Moodle update process has been paused because PHP scripts from at least two major versions of Moodle have been detected in the Moodle directory.

However, I now have the bigger problem in that I cannot even restore my site to the original version. It's partially working, but is displaying no images and is failing to upload any new images. 

From my backups I have attempted to restore the folders Moodle30 and moodledata. (during the process, there are 3819 failed transfers). Should the database also be restored or is it unaffected by a (failed) upgrade?

I'll have to deal with the Moodle upgrade later; for the moment I would be very happy just to get back to my version 4.0.1.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Garry Neale

Re: Attempted upgrade and failing backup

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
A failed upgrade like yours requires a site restore ... which includes restoring backup of code - moodledata - *and the DB*.

You might also submit a help ticket at:

'SoS', Ken

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Garry Neale

Re: Attempted upgrade and failing backup

by Visvanath Ratnaweera -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators
The site restore Ken mentioned is Site restore. You can do that only if you have done a Site backup earlier.

Failing that you hosting service might have a way of going back in time (for the whole system), to a previous "snap-shot".