grades disappearing

grades disappearing

by Alexander De La Garza -
Number of replies: 3
Good day,

I have seen several post of grades disappearing but still not sure what to do about my scenario,

I am using moodle 3.11.4+ (Build: 20211201)

Some of our site admins were asked to take a quiz to just keep track of their knowledge.

I am able to go to the quiz page and pull the logs and see that they viewed and reviewed their quiz attempt,

However when I go to phpmyadmin and search the quiz attempts, i dont see the results,

I saw @Tim Hunt posted " If that 'student' somehow had teacher permissions on the quiz, then their 'attempts' would actually have been previews, not real attempts, and preview attempts are deleted automatically."

Since the users are site admins, I'm guessing this would apply,

Is there a way to prevent their results from being deleted other than removing admin permissions?

from some of my search, this is done as a cron job, is there anything i can change there?

In reply to Alexander De La Garza

Re: grades disappearing

by Shirley Gregorczyk -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
Normally, Admins would have another Student Moodle account to complete training that is assigned to them.
Kind Regards
In reply to Shirley Gregorczyk

Re: grades disappearing

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Alexander,

As Shirley says, you can create separate accounts for your site admins to log in with and take the quiz.

Alternatively, you can manually enrol them in the course as a student. You don't need to remove their admin permissions; it's no problem for them to have more than one role.