Integrating Moodle Courses into Degreed

Integrating Moodle Courses into Degreed

by Sam Harrison -
Number of replies: 1
Good afternoon! 

We currently serve courses to a client within Moodle. They are in the process of adopting Degreed and would like to integrate our courses so they are automatically pulled into Degreed where they can be launched by the learner. All we need to do is provide a CSV with course metadata a launch links, but I'm uncertain how to handle the authentication or SSO component without requiring the learner to also login to Moodle.

Ideally, I would like to set up Moodle as a service provider, where Degreed is the identity provider. I would provide Degreed with direct launch links for each course. When those links are clicked, Moodle will authenticate the user through Degreed using SSO, retrieve user info, log them into Moodle, and launch the respective course.

Has anyone had experience with integrating your Moodle site into another third-party site? I've been exploring the authentication plugins, but have not found a solution for SSO and direct course launches. Any insight will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sam Harrison

Re: Integrating Moodle Courses into Degreed

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
I have not worked with Degreed.  Edwiser does a plugin that works with Wordpress.  I currently use a Keycloak authentication server to act as sso for our multiple sites.  At one point, I did have a company set up SSO with our moodle site -so, it can be done...you might need someone to code it for you or maybe Degreed has some options to help...