Error accessing "Manage Authentication" settings

Error accessing "Manage Authentication" settings

by Vittorio Della Rossa -
Number of replies: 5
I am running Moodle 4.2.1+ (build 20230707)
I haven't accessed the authentication settings for a long time, but now when I go into Site administration->Plugins and I click on Manage authentication into the Authentication section, is diplayed only one error
 "Coding error detected, it must be fixed by a programmer: config.html is no longer supported, please use settings.php instead."
And I cannot access to the page, any idea where search for?

Attachment Screenshot 2023-08-06 at 14.05.07.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Vittorio Della Rossa

Re: Error accessing "Manage Authentication" settings

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
It looks like you have ad aditional authentication plugin installed, which is doing something in a very old-fashioned way that is no longer suppored. So, check which auth plugins you have installed. (Since you can't get at the UI for this, you will need to look at the list of directories inside the auth folder in your Moodle code. In particular, see if there are any files .../auth/*/config.html
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Tim Hunt

Ri: Re: Error accessing "Manage Authentication" settings

by Vittorio Della Rossa -
Tim you catch the culprit! With my collegues we were speaking about put in place an SSO between Moodle and Wordpress. So one decided to test the Wordpress Authentication plugin on the production site! This is not updated since 2017... after disinstalling and removing it all is fine! 

Thank you
In reply to Vittorio Della Rossa

Re: Ri: Re: Error accessing "Manage Authentication" settings

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
You need to use Edwiser for the Worpress SSO.
In reply to Tim Hunt

Re: Error accessing "Manage Authentication" settings

by Reefo Relaxo -
Hi Tim, maybe you can help me with my error. Well not so much an error. I'm not exactly sure because unlike Vittorio there's an error message shown when he clicked the Manage Authentication, but in my case there's no error message and  I can't see any settings in the middle, just the compact theme of out testing environment. I'm new at this. 

Thanks in advance!