Force users to change their password

Force users to change their password

by Terry David -
Number of replies: 3
Hi everyone,
                       I was creating multiple users accounts using a csv file. I included a default password that I normally use. It worked fine until I realised that when the users logged in they won't prompted to change the password. Is there a way to force all users in a course to change their password?

Best regards
Terry
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Terry David

Re: Force users to change their password

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Terry,

Uploading users via csv file can be used to update information as well as creating new accounts. To force users to change their password, set the password field to changeme. For more details, please see the documentation Upload users.

In reply to Helen Foster

Re: Force users to change their password

by Terry David -
I saw that with the changeme in the documentation. I ended up sorting it out. When I upload the csv, I set a default password. I didn't realize when you upload the file one option after the prechecks is to indicate whether to force a password change or not (not sure how I missed that) for a new or existing user.

This bulk upload has saved me a lot of time in setting up my courses for my new students.

Thank you for the response Helen.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Terry David

Re: Force users to change their password [Solved]

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Good to hear that you've sorted things out Terry. smile Thanks for the reminder of the option to force a password change or not - I'd forgotten about that!