New language pack maintainers wanted

New language pack maintainers wanted

by koen roggemans -
Number of replies: 2
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Translators
Dear Moodlers,

There are 212 language packs available for Moodle. Translating the Moodle interface is done on a voluntary basis by Moodle community members, Moodle partners, Moodle enthusiasts etc. The lead of every language pack is the language pack maintainer, who checks every contribution to the language pack and releases it to the world. Very often, language pack maintainers do a lot if not most of the translation work themselves.

This year I have tried to contact language pack maintainers who seemed to have left. This is normal - people move on with their lives, interests and things to spend time on change. But it's nice if it is clear for everyone if a language pack is not maintained any more. 

So it's clear now.

Check your language on https://lang.moodle.org/local/amos/credits.php. If it is not maintained, read https://docs.moodle.org/en/Maintaining_a_language_pack and if you feel like it is something you would like to do, send me a message and improve the translation you need.

Kind regards
Koen
Average of ratings: Useful (4)
In reply to koen roggemans

Re: New language pack maintainers wanted

by Jojo Esposa Jr. -
Hi, Koen!

I'm Jojo Esposa Jr., a Filipino and a native user of the Filipino language. I am currently contracted to develop an online course for Disability-related topics by the Philippine government. I am using the Tagalog Language customization pack to try to translate some interface words. I found that there are still a lot of strings that are not translated while some Tagalog words used are quite archaic and not commonly used. So, I made some customization for my own site.

Since I'm already on to this, I want to make my customized translation to be a permanent contribution to Moodle. When I clicked on your link above, I found out that there is "No Maintainer at the moment". In that case, may I volunteer as one? I would gladly help the community. I also saw that there is a separate Tagalog language. May I also volunteer to contribute there?

I hope that I will be accepted. I also emailed this to translation@moodle.org. Thanks!

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Jojo Esposa Jr.

Re: New language pack maintainers wanted

by koen roggemans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Translators
Hi Jojo,

I responded to your e-mail to translation@moodle.org a few days ago. You are now language pack maintainer for Filipino.
I hope you got my reply and found your way around by now. If not, please ask.

Kind regards
Koen
Average of ratings: Useful (1)