Changes to STACK in version 4.4

Changes to STACK in version 4.4

by Stuart Anderson -
Number of replies: 2
Quick question about changes introduced in STACK version 4.4.x. Am I correct the the healthscript test has been updated so that the output from the "third smaller plot" right at the bottom of the output is now different?  In otherwords, my output is expected to look as it does in the attached image after the move to 4.4.x?

Secondly, the release notes from last year for 4.4.0 include:
The number of CAS-evaluation sessions has been cut down significantly. Conversely, the amount of things happening in a single CAS-session has grown significantly. This may affect your Maxima load and the size of the CAS-cache. You may need to retune your operation if you have fine tuned it based on those details. This will also affect cache keys and values so tuning caching may also matter if one tunes everything.

We have all the default settings in the "Connecting to Maxima" settings apart from setting CAS connection timeout to 50 rather than the default 10.  Settings that relate to caching use the defaults.  Is there anything I should be tweaking based on the 4.4.0 changes or will be defaults generally be fine?

Thanks,
Stuart Anderson,
University of Manchester.

Attachment STACK-version-changes.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Stuart Anderson

Re: Changes to STACK in version 4.4

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
It seems so, but really that does not matter.

It does not matter what the graph is, just that you have a graph, rather than, say nothing or a hiddeous error message.