4.3 Activity card redesign - Completion drop down feedback

4.3 Activity card redesign - Completion drop down feedback

by Bob Gilmore -
Number of replies: 2

Hey folks. Im unsure where to even put this feedback, so please point me in the right direction.

The new activity cards (Epic Tracker  Prototype ) have dropped in 4.3 beta and you can see them on https://qa.moodledemo.net/

Overall, positive change, and I realise this is still in development.  I do have one specific piece of feedback about the activity completion: Can we please make sure the new drop-down clearly indicates when all to-do's have been completed.

Shown below is an activity that is complete, but that's not obvious without first opening the dropdown.

Dropdown closed:

Drop down open:

Compare that with an activity where the completion is "Student can mark activity as complete" set:

Hopefully this is already in development and just hasn't dropped yet, but I wanted to get this feedback out there early.  Thanks!
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Bob Gilmore

Re: 4.3 Activity card redesign - Completion drop down feedback

by Sabina Abellan -
Picture of Moodle HQ team
Hi Bob!

Many thanks for your feedback and for raising this feedback. The completion dropdown will display the "Done" status once the student has completed all the requirements, and the button will show this change in the same way that the manual completion does. Bear in mind that this change in the Completion status will only be visible for students, as they are the ones required to complete the activity. Teachers will still see the "Completion" dropdown with the set of requirements previously determined for that particular activity.

Please check the screenshot attached, taken from the Student flow prototype, in which you can see how it will look when the student has completed all the requirements.

Completion dropdown

Hope this helps! 

Best,
Sabina
Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Sabina Abellan

Re: 4.3 Activity card redesign - Completion drop down feedback

by Bob Gilmore -
That's exactly what I wanted to hear. Thanks Sabina for your work on this stuff!