Problem with HTML editor (no editing area)

Problem with HTML editor (no editing area)

by Jos Winkel -
Number of replies: 2

In another forum (http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=41886#193503) there is lots of discussion about this problem. So I was hoping that with IE7 or Moodle 1.6 the problem is not there anymore. But in any combination I still have this problem. Only in (df)wiki. I did not experience the problem in another source or activity.

This is what I wrote in the forum mentioned above:
In a testing environment with a very recent 1.5.3+ version as well as 1.6 beta3, both with the latest dfwiki (that is called wiki now, version 2006042001) and using the standard theme I still have this problem with IE6 and also with IE7 beta2. Firefox gives no problems but my students only can use IE6 at school.
I hope this nasty problem is solved very soon within Moodle. I don't think that Microsoft is willing to change IE for it.

Can anyone help? I like wikis very much but this problem is to big for me to use them for studentactivities.

Attachment problem.jpg
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jos Winkel

Re: Problem with HTML editor (no editing area)

by Michelangelo Sommaruga -

I have the same problem with Moodle 1.5.3 but users declare that workaround (reloading the page, using the full page editor) is not useful. I change the theme to formal_white looking for a solution, but still doesn't work. Most of this happens using the Lesson Module (but others too). I thought it could be because of bandwidth, but this happen to them at home and / or the LAN.

Thanks for your help.

Michel

In reply to Michelangelo Sommaruga

Re: Problem with HTML editor (no editing area)

by Jos Winkel -

I am curious to know if there are users who never have experienced this problem with Moodle 1.5.3 and IE6.

Refreshing the page sometimes helps and sometimes does not, but off course this is not a useable workaround. Changing to the bigger editor helps also but is also not a useable workaround.

appending next line to styles_layout.css (just for testing!)
#edit-dfformcontent {height: 900;}
doesn't affect the problem. Again refreshing the page helps sometimes and sometimes doesn't (but if working it shows the huger 900px textarea).

It seems as if it is a rendering problem but I have not enough php-knowledge to help getting rid of this problem. Someone else maybe? I would be very pleased with a solution. Thanks.