Problem with wiki links

Problem with wiki links

by Janet Lucas -
Number of replies: 2
I'm creating a wiki for the first time. I've got a problem in that when I create a new page, sometimes the original link displays properly as a link and sometimes it continues to display as a title followed by a blue question mark. In fact as I go backwards and forwards between pages, the link sometimes displays properly and sometimes reverts to the title + question mark seemingly at random. I've stripped the pages as I thought it might be interference from earlier versions, but this isn't the case. I'm working with camel case disabled but presumably this shouldn't influence it. I'm creating links using square brackets. Can anyone help?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Janet Lucas

Re: Problem with wiki links

by Ray Lawrence -
Hi Janet,

I'm not sure if disabling that option is at the root of your problem (I always ignore this setting), but if CamelCase linking is a problem you can disable it for each instance by not using the HTML editor and placing a ~ before each CamelCase "word".

Ray
In reply to Janet Lucas

Re: Problem with wiki links

by Andy Diament -
Hi Janet

Sadly, this is a minor bug which I've got used to.

The blue question mark link WILL point to the correct page; I think it may be some kind of caching issue and you may find that if you logoff/restart computer/ go to a different computer, it works fine and that other users coming to that wiki subsequently will also see the correct link.

I'm just assuming it'll disappear when the new wiki module replaces the current one.

Andy D