SCORM 2004 Ed 3 - Moodle Compatibility

SCORM 2004 Ed 3 - Moodle Compatibility

by Jess B -
Number of replies: 1
Hi Everyone, 
I'm stuck with a problem. The only stable SCORM I have for a course that's been developed is SCORM 2004 3rd ED, but of course that's not supported, so I found that there is a plugin from Rustici, but that hasn't been updated for the last 7 years, and I have no idea what's happening there, but I've reached out a few times now, and hoping for a response. 

Does anyone have workarounds or solutions?

I am delivering this course to many different LMSs and all the Moodle people are missing out, and I would really appreciate it if someone had a solution to this...or can point me in the right direction, thanks. 
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jess B

Re: SCORM 2004 Ed 3 - Moodle Compatibility

by Melanie Scott -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
Can you just republish the course as SCORM 1.2?

If the issue is that there are multiple Assignable Units in the project (which doesn't work reliably in moodle), could you repackage each unit as a separate module? I don't know what you're using as authoring Software...In Lectora, you can create multiple AU's or just create separate chapters. If you can do something like this, you could created separate chapters instead of AU and put some background variable type stuff in (if you have tests for each AU, you could turn off grade to pass within and then set a variable, if X= then, and a completion condition if X= and Y= and...then combine grades and average or whatever...) to manage completion. I don't know anything about your package, so that's my best guess.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)