Dates not working

Dates not working

by Jessi Auslander -
Number of replies: 11
Hello,
We have many custom certificates set up on our Moodle website. They used to work fine but recently they do not show any dates besides the current date. I tested all the date settings, issue date, completion date, etc and they all show today's date. We want it to print the issue date but it doesn't seem to be happening. Is there a way to fix this?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jessi Auslander

Re: Dates not working

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Is cron running? What changed?
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Emma Richardson

by Jessi Auslander -
Hi Emma,
Cron is running every minute and nothing has changed with our site.

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
I have actually seen two similar tickets about this.  I would suggest putting in a ticket on the developer's github repo.
I presume that you are actually testing as a student that has completed the required activities etc...

by Jessi Auslander -
Yes, I am testing in a student test account. Before viewing the certificate, the award date is correct. It just prints with the current date. Thank you!

by Emma Richardson -
What do you mean before viewing it is correct?  How do you know if you don't view it?

by Jessi Auslander -
I'm talking about the page where you select 'view certificate', there's text there that shows the award date for the certificate. Then once you select 'view certificate', it prints with the current date.

by Shirley Gregorczyk -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
The View certificate date has been always the current date and does not reflect the date that will be generated on the student's certificate. This functionality is used to verify the element positions vs. the actual generated student certificate.
Kind Regards
In reply to Shirley Gregorczyk

by Jessi Auslander -
I'm actually talking about while in a student's account. As you can see in my screenshot, the 'awarded date' is in 2020. But today's date prints when the certificate is downloaded.
Attachment Screenshot 2023-05-19 095333.png

by Emma Richardson -
Can you show us the Edit Certificate page? Are you sure that the date is not set to current date?

by Jessi Auslander -
Yes, I am sure, I have tried all the different settings for the certificate print date and they all print the current date.

I went ahead and submitted this as a bug on github.
Attachment Screenshot 2023-05-19 193906.png