Course wise resource | showdate

Course wise resource | showdate

by Luca Bösch -
Number of replies: 3
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Hello
I have a requirement by a lecturer.
In "Site administration" → "Plugins" → "File" there is the possibility to set resource | showdate to enabled, so that each newly introduced File resource gets the date displayed (at least the default checkbox is set to "checked").
Site wise resource | showdate
I don't want to enable that behaviour globally, but in the course of that lecturer.
My research didn't trigger anything.

Does someone know of a plugin enabling this for single course (or certain course categories, that would work as well)?

Best,
Luca
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Luca Bösch

Re: Course wise resource | showdate

by Dominique Bauer -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Enable it in Plugins / File. Remove it, except for the specific courses, in Appearance / Additional HTML.
A workaround you may not like, but simple and probably works fine.
In reply to Luca Bösch

by Dominique Bauer -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

In fact, you don't need a workaround because, by default, dates aren't displayed when a teacher adds a file, as shown in the image below. Enabling this behaviour globally would therefore not be a problem for teachers who do not wish to display dates.

MoodleForum_20230615_1652.png

In reply to Dominique Bauer

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
I think what Luca means is that if he enables it site wide, then it will show for all new files uploaded by all teachers (not their previously uploaded ones, as it won't change for existing files) And I think he only wants it to automatically show in one course or category (maybe so the teacher doesn't have to remember themselves to tick the box?) I don't know of a way but presumably Dominique's suggestion of Additional HTML will work? (I'm not a coder so wouldn't know ;) )