"Hide from Students" hides from everyone?

"Hide from Students" hides from everyone?

by Astrid Robitaille -
Number of replies: 2
Hi all, 
I'm a very new Moodler, and have stepped into a position where a Moodle was already created for a training course.  A deadline has passed for a training certification, and I want to hide the course from students, but allow teachers and admin to see students' Complete Reports.  However, when I hide the units, they also don't show on any of the reports.  Is there any way to hide the course from students but still allow teachers and admin to see students' work and progress?  

Thank you for any insight you can provide.  
Astrid
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Astrid Robitaille

Re: "Hide from Students" hides from everyone?

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Astrid,

You should be able to set the Course visibility to Hide in the course settings, and teachers and admins will still be able to access the course and view course reports. If this is not the case, maybe you can provide more details with screenshots?

In reply to Helen Foster

Re: "Hide from Students" hides from everyone?

by Astrid Robitaille -
Thanks for the reply.
When I hide the course in "settings" as shown in your screenshot, I can see all reports. However, when I hide sections of a course, shown in my screenshot below, those sections don't show up in student reports. The tag says, "hidden from students," but in essence, this hides all info from that section from everyone-- admins accessing course reports as well.  Is there a workaround for this?