How to upgrade from 3.9 to 4.1.x. We're in PHP 7.4.3.

How to upgrade from 3.9 to 4.1.x. We're in PHP 7.4.3.

by Visvanath Ratnaweera -
Number of replies: 2
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators
Hi Dominique

You can jump from 3.9 to 4.1 in one step, since you are on PHP 7.4.

Warning: There could be other issues. Like rel. 4.1 requires MariaDB 10.4 min. which is higher than the min. for 3.9, which was 10.2.29. Ref. http://www.syndrega.ch/blog/#php-and-dbms-compatibility-of-major-moodle-releases.

P.S. Yours is a different question from the OP Recovery project/Version 1.8.4 php version. I changed the subject accordingly. The moderator might split this part of the discussion.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Visvanath Ratnaweera

Re: How to upgrade from 3.9 to 4.1.x. We're in PHP 7.4.3.

by Dominique Palumbo -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Hi Visvanath,

We use postgress but our version is uptodate for moodle 4.1. Hopefully.
I've hesitate to create a new subject about it. But I also think it deserve a separate subject (sorry to not create it first).
And even in larger scope on what to upgrade first. On a fresh installation, there is no problem but upgrade are more sensitive.

And Thank you for how much you help in general.

Have a nice day.

Dominique.
In reply to Dominique Palumbo

Re: How to upgrade from 3.9 to 4.1.x. We're in PHP 7.4.3.

by Dominique Palumbo -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Hi,

The upgrade goes well in the QA environment. I followed the instruction from the Moodle site.
I made two mistakes copy the new version in the old one... Has it said it's not working for an upgrade to another major version (I really want to be sure !).
And the second one it's try to update database from UI (update all new modules). It works perfectly in command line.
I've also made a script (copy directory) to move all modules from all version to the new one. We've +/-90 additional modules.

I'll install php8.1...

Thanks for your help.

Dominique.