Mobile app (Android only). Getting error "error code: serverconnectionajax"

Mobile app (Android only). Getting error "error code: serverconnectionajax"

by Chandra R -
Number of replies: 4

Dear all,

My Android phone users are facing an issue out of the blue. They are not able to access our self-hosted Moodle server anymore from their mobile phones. Numerous android versions are in use, no pattern there.

All users were logged in for a long time (weeks, months) and been using the app without problems. Now when they logged out, they are unable to log back in. Nothing has changed on the server.

Moodle version 3.9 LTS.

Please see the attached error. It says "Error code: serverconnectionajax".

I then asked the users to upgrade to the latest mobile app version from the playstore, it did not help unfortunately. The same issue persists.

I then upgraded our server to the new LTS v4.1. The issue persists.

Curiously, the issue does not exist on the iPhone. All iPhone users are able to login and use the app fine, both Moodle 3.9 and Moodle 4.1.

I've checked everything as per this FAQ: https://docs.moodle.org/401/en/Moodle_app_FAQ

In the FAQ, there is the topic "My certificate is fine but I still can't connect", the answer to which says this is due to a server configuration problem. I don't understand where I need to check this on our server and what change is to be made. Especially so because nothing has been changed on the server on this front for me to go and specifically change or revert.

Could anyone throw light on this issue if you have faced this and found a resolution?

Screenshot:

Moodle android app error code: serverconnectionajax

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Chandra R

Re: Mobile app (Android only). Getting error "error code: serverconnectionajax"

by Jorge Alejandro Cabrera Vilchis -

i got the same problem, already try with different SSL but still doesn't work

In reply to Chandra R

by Waseem Shaikh -
Hi Chandra R, 
I am facing a similar issue and unable to log in to the mobile app. Can you guide me on how to fix this issue?
moodle app error
In reply to Waseem Shaikh

by Isabel Renedo -
Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
Hi Waseem,

On 'Your site' you need to type your Moodle site. 

Kind regards,
Isabel