"Invalid response value detected" moodle mobile

"Invalid response value detected" moodle mobile

by Danny Dan -
Number of replies: 13

As subject, trying to set up moodle mobile to demo content on android device and receive the error "invalid response value detected"

i have turned the settings in the admin mobile for mobile etc 

1. If your site uses an SSL certificate, it must be a trusted certificate, not self-signed. Please use this tool or a similar one to check that your certificate is fine: SSL Checker. All the checks must be ok, including the "Certificate Chain Complete". Otherwise the app might work on iOS but not on Android.
  2. Debugging is disabled (in Site administration > Development > Debugging)
  3. The ADOdb debug option is disabled if you are using the external database auth or enrolment plugin (in Plugins > Authentication > External database and in Plugins > Enrolment > External database).

1, SSL has now been implemented..

2. Debugging has never been enabled.

3. This option is not in the moodle settings.

Any one any ideas for this error message?

Thanks

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Danny Dan

Re: "Invalid response value detected" moodle mobile

by Juan Leyva -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
In reply to Juan Leyva

by Danny Dan -

Thanks for the reply, 

Yes, i have checked this setting - it is still on the default value. 

Regards

In reply to Danny Dan

by Juan Leyva -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Danny,

in that case, if it's possible could you send us a test user account in your site via mobile@moodle.com refererencing this post ?

Juan

In reply to Juan Leyva

by Danny Dan -

Done. Thanks Juan

In reply to Danny Dan

by Danny Dan -

Sorry, just sent the correct password through now! 

In reply to Juan Leyva

by Danny Dan -

Hi Juan, did you receive the login details ok?

In reply to Danny Dan

by Adam K -

Hi,

We receive the same error message since upgrading from 2.8 to to 2.9 several weeks ago.

I've also gone through all the suggested steps to no avail.

To test further, I created a fresh 2.8 site (worked), upgraded to 2.9 (failed) upgraded to the latest build of 3.1 (worked).

Any help would be much appreciated.

Adam

In reply to Adam K

by Adam K -

PHP errors are showing:

[21-Nov-2016 14:31:39 Europe/London] Debugging: Fields list in snapshot record does not match fields list in 'external_tokens'. Record is missing fields: tokentype, userid, externalserviceid, contextid, creatorid, timecreated, lastaccess in
* line 793 of \lib\classes\event\base.php: call to debugging()
* line 201 of \login\token.php: call to core\event\base->add_record_snapshot()

[21-Nov-2016 14:31:43 Europe/London] PHP Strict Standards:  call_user_func_array() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, non-static method moodle_webservice_external::get_siteinfo() should not be called statically in G:\inetpub\wwwroot\moodle\webservice\lib.php on line 1780

In reply to Adam K

by Dani Palou -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Adam,

can you send us a test account in your 2.9 site so we can check what is failing? We need the Moodle URL, username and password. You can send it to mobile@moodle.com.

Also, we'll probably need development mode enabled (Site administration > Development > Debugging > Set Debug messages to DEVELOPER). This isn't recommended in production sites, so you might want to wait until we get in touch with you to enable this.

Cheers,

Dani

In reply to Adam K

by Danny Dan -

We're running 3.0.3 and not able to use the mobile app, 

I will try an installation of the latest build do see if that eradicates the error. 

In reply to Danny Dan

by Dani Palou -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

The problem was that the value of usermaxuploadfilesize was too big. It was set to 2GB (2147483648), and that value was bigger than the max value of integers in 32-bits systems. 

Decreasing the value in the php.ini file fixed the problem.

In reply to Dani Palou

by PyaePhyo Hein22 -
How can i do that "invalid response value detected" error occur in Mobile Dashboard page and Home page Block is not display UI in mobile app. Help me please
In reply to PyaePhyo Hein22

by Dani Palou -
Hi,

if you enable debugging in the site you should be able to get more information. As admin, login in browser and go to "Site administration > Development > Debugging" and set "Debug messages" to DEVELOPER. I recommend to leave "Display debug messages" disabled, otherwise users will see errors and warnings in the UI.

After this change, open the Moodle app and go to the "More" page (the 3 dots) > App settings > General and enable "Display debug messages" in there.

Now try opening the Dashboard or Home page again, you should now see which field is the one returning an invalid value. 

Cheers,
Dani