New functionalities

New functionalities

by Alexis A22 FCT Navas Esteban -
Number of replies: 2

Hello,

We have developed some new functionalities based on this plugin.

The main objective was to create a report in order to give tutors access to a simple yet effective way of seeing their students' attendance on each course

The tutor's view for report attendancetable

We have developed two plugins, the report mentioned above and a block that can show tutors their students with lowest attendance. A detailed explanation of their functionality can be read hereunder.

Report Attendancetable

This plugin adds a report to show the attendance percentage of all students enrolled on a course.
It generates a table counting all of their attendances on each course (present, absent, late and excused) and calculates the attendance percentage on each attendance activity and the average percentage across all courses. Students can also view said information about themselves.

Block Attendancetable

This plugin adds a block that shows tutors their students with the lowest attendance percentage an easier to access view for their own attendance.
The student block shows each attendance activies' attendance percentage, the course's percentage, the average percentage across all courses they're enrolled on and a bar (which can be toggled off by the tutor) with each session's attendance info, which includes: the date and time, the status and the attendance activity name. Additionally, students can add this block on their dashboard, which is similar to the course block but has a bar for each course instead.
All views have a link to the report mentioned above.

Don't hesitate to let us know if you have any suggestion.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Alexis A22 FCT Navas Esteban

Re: New functionalities

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
awesome! - thanks for sharing them with the community!!!

I've had a very quick look at the code and reported a couple of things to your github tracker for you to consider but it would also be great to see these submitted to the moodle.org plugins db so that they get more exposure and other people can find them!

The other thing I'd recommend you take a look at sometime is the custom report source available for attendance in Moodle 4's report builder tool and the ability to develop/code system level reports using that api ( I've been trying to build out reports in our other plugins using reportbuilder's api rather than the older tablelib/renderer outputs myself, and my longer term plan is to try and replace some more of the core Attendance reporting functions using reportbuilder based reports too.

thanks!
In reply to Dan Marsden

Re: New functionalities

by Alexis A22 FCT Navas Esteban -
Hello Dan,
First of all, thank you very much for your feedback! We wanted to get some feedback from someone outside of our work group before attempting to upload these plugins to the db.
We will work on the changes you mentioned in the following days and once done, we will notify you.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)