3 imperfect ways to add a video

by Francois Parlant -
Number of replies: 4
Hi,

Still looking for a way to add a video with the following requirements:

Label Url Page ??
Belongs to Moodle core        
Appears in student left navigation panel        
Shows on page without having to paste link twice (using description)        
Doesn't open in another page        

Hope that the existing tools are adapted (like label's title appearing in student navigation) or that plugins doing that are added to moodle core.
Cheers
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Francois Parlant

Re: 3 imperfect ways to add a video

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Well in Moodle 4.2, the label (which is now renamed Text and media area) is referenced in the Course index (the left navigation panel) so you can tick that one. (I'm not sure why you have a cross next to Page for "doesn't open in another page", however. Unless you mean that you have to click the Page link to see the video in the Page content.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Francois Parlant -
Great, Great, Great news Mary 👍👍👍 You definitely bring sunshine to this day
(I thought I had watched the videos about the important changes of moodle 4.2, how have I missed this one.)

About the "page activity":
I want the students who click on the navigation panel to stay on the course page and just GO DOWN to the resource... When they click on a page or an assignment the link opens the ressource page (which seems the relevant behaviour to me, but this is not what I wanted for just watching the video. That is why I do agree with the new name of the label as almost the best tool for media... well, now it is perfect if the title appears in the course index).
In reply to Francois Parlant

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

I don't expect the developers (in the Showcase shorts?) will have mentioned it as it is not a major new feature, but I've made a release video including it, and it will be in the documentation - preview here: