OAuth Tenancy Error - Please Help

OAuth Tenancy Error - Please Help

by Richard Taplin -
Number of replies: 3

Hi,

I am trying to configure OAuth2 services in MoodleCloud and keep getting the below tenancy error.  I have followed the deployment guide to the letter and validated all settings but still to no avail.  If anyone can provide any help, if would be greatly appreciated.  I don't want to configure it as a multi-tenant for security reasons.

https://docs.moodle.org/401/en/OAuth_2_services

AADSTS50194: Application '2a7f35eb-6e79-4549-aa48-2cad6d09e1b3'(TEST Moodle Cloud) is not configured as a multi-tenant application. Usage of the /common endpoint is not supported for such applications created after '10/15/2018'. Use a tenant-specific endpoint or configure the application to be multi-tenant. Trace ID: 7caef81c-faad-45ff-b04e-46ba8de17400 Correlation ID: 3e7c6e6d-8ef2-4567-8045-c6ea9b2d8e59 Timestamp: 2023-03-10 07:31:46Z

Kind regards,

Rich

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Richard Taplin

Re: OAuth Tenancy Error - Please Help

by Christian Morales -
Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of MoodleCloud team

Hi Rich,

Sorry about the delay, I don't know if you have solved this already. In case you haven't, you may need to update your endpoints. The default endpoints for MS OAuth 2 services are configured for multi-tenancy, so if you are setting up single tenancy in Azure, you need to copy your endpoints from Azure and replace them in your site.

See OAuth 2 Services - Further configuration options to read about how to change the endpoints in your site, and OAuth 2 Microsoft service - Additional Single Tenancy Configuration to see the extra steps required.

Best,

Christian

In reply to Christian Morales

by Richard Taplin -
Hi Christian,

I appreciate your help. I have now managed to successfully configure the oAuth, and when I run the 'Test Settings' option in authentication, it is working fine. I am now having an issue that when I try and log in using a Microsoft account, I am getting the following error:

No user information was returned. The OAuth 2 service may be configured incorrectly.

It this something not configured correctly in the M365 tenant as opposed to Moodle?

Regards,

Rich
In reply to Richard Taplin

by Brett Dalton -
Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
Thats almost certianly at the MS end. Or at least that is where I would look first.