Grade import: Grades are ordered by grade ID, not grade name and/or grade order.

Grade import: Grades are ordered by grade ID, not grade name and/or grade order.

by José Moya -
Number of replies: 0

Hi to all.

When you import grades from a spreadsheet, you are offered a series of existing grades to map your spreadsheet columns to. That is ok. What seems weird is: these existing grades are sort according to grade id, so if you edited many grades and / or inserted grades using "duplicate" (i.e. to avoid having to re-enter max and min grade value in each new grade), you could end up with a "shuffled" grade list.

You can see an example in the pictures.

The following picture shows a list of four categories (category one, category two...) with a series of grades called grade 11, grade 12, grade 21, grade 31, grade 32... where the first number is the number of the category.

These grades have been configured in a random order (I configured grade 31 before grade 11).

The image shows moodle grade config. You see a series of grades called grade 11, grade 12, grade 21, grade 31, grade 32...

The image below shows how the grades are "sort" in the grade import dialog. The order is weird.

Moodle grade import dialog. Grades are "shuffled" (they are ordered by ID, not name or grade order).

This grade config has been configured in latest version of moodle sandbox server (sandbox.moodledemo.net), so I guess this is a issue never watched. 

As I said in a previous forum message, I can't post bugs to jira. So I would appreciate someone post this as a bug to jira,

Average of ratings: -