Gradebook: Single View does not show category name for category totals.

Gradebook: Single View does not show category name for category totals.

by José Moya -
Number of replies: 2

I tried to open a issue abou this bit, despite watching two threads on Jira, I don't have permission to post.

The dropdown menu of Grades> Single View displays category totals as "Category total". See attached image.

In a world where Programming IDEs have parenthesis match testers, having to guess what category ends on each "category total" seems weird.Category total within category total within category total.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to José Moya

Re: Gradebook: Single View does not show category name for category totals.

by Richard Samson -

This issue was reported in 2017 and there is a Tracker item requesting a fix:

https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-58806

It seems that this item was closed with a resolution of "Won't do" in December 2022, without a fix, as part of Moodle HQ's drive to clear out thousands of low-priority or out-of-date pending tickets.

I agree with you that this issue should be fixed and probably is only a minor item.

I am not sure how to request re-opening a closed item in the Tracker. I have left a comment there asking for more information about this.

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Richard Samson

Re: Gradebook: Single View does not show category name for category totals.

by José Moya -

Thanks.

In the moodle sandbox (sandbox.moodledemo.net) category totals have names, so this is fixed for 4.1.x, but my organization (a government org split into no less than 500 buildings and 40 moodle servers) uses 4.0.x