Academic integrity discussions

Academic integrity discussions

by Joseph Thibault -
Number of replies: 2
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

I'm not sure this is the correct forum, but if it is, I'd be interested in discussing academic integrity, approaches to protect and promote it, solutions, applications, extensions, policies, etc., for Moodle-using organizations. 

There's a lot happening in education currently (generative AI is top of mind), many innovations that are potentially threats to the safeguards currently employed, so am hoping that we can find a place to chat about it here on Moodle.org. 

Is Security/Privacy the right place or should it be a different forum already created, or should it be a new forum altogether?  

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Joseph Thibault

Re: Academic integrity discussions

by Pankaj Kukreti -

Hi @joseph Thibault

As the number of AI content companies grows various org. have developed plagiarism detection software to combat copying by recognizing how the system is logged in. they even multiple algorithms, compliance, and captcha loops in the middle of the journey. I don't want to get into deep because of guidelines, but there are plenty of tools accessible.

If you really want to know more, we can always connect and I'll show you what companies and policies you can put in place to combat automated technologies.

In reply to Pankaj Kukreti

Re: Academic integrity discussions

by Joseph Thibault -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Pankaj,

Thanks for sharing, I am aware of a lot of potential tools and approaches but am more interested in discussions related to the overall philosophy of Academic Integrity especially how it intersects with Moodle administration, course delivery, etc.

Many of the tools that gate and use different ways to authenticate can be bucketed and categorized as different facets of a comprehensive policy and strategy. Moodle itself does some great stuff already (acknowledgements, timing, concurrent user limitations, etc.) which are all part of the default offering.

The goal of a discussion thread is awareness, in a public way hopefully to be a place that Moodle teachers and administrators can come, share stories and strategies and get feedback.