Content segmentation

Content segmentation

by Mauro Cappelloni -
Number of replies: 1

Hi there, 

I am implementing my first Moodle instance and I have been running into a couple of issues when trying to segment the visibility of courses and content inside my School. I am trying to make it so students belonging to some group (Cohorts seem to be the thing to use here), can only see X, Y, and Z courses while not being able to see A, B, and C courses. 

These 2 groups of courses are going to be differentiated by a teacher, and these 2 teachers shouldn't be able to see each other's courses.

The reason behind all of this is that I have different content providers that don't want the other providers to be able to see their content. The same goes for students, every student should have an associated content provider and they should be able to only see courses posted by that content provider.

Thanks in advance for the help! smile

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mauro Cappelloni

Re: Content segmentation

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Mauro,

You can easily prevent students and teachers from seeing inside other courses by making sure they are only enrolled in their own courses.

To completely separate groups of students and teachers so they can't see that other courses exist, you may want to consider a solution such as Multi-tenancy, available in Moodle Workplace.