PDF Annotation toolbar modifications

PDF Annotation toolbar modifications

by Robert Kovacich -
Number of replies: 3

Hi, is it possible to change the toolbar other than adding or removing stamps?

I would like to modify the thickness of the drawing tool line. 

I would like an eraser, because the "Select" tool sometimes can not click on small lines, like a dot to a lower case i. 

I would like an "undo" option, maybe tied to CTRL+Z or another hotkey option.

I would like the ability to zoom in on the submitted document. 

I would like to move the right side section where the grade and Feedback comments is located, out of the way so I have more room to write.

I have looked for plugins, but I am not finding what I am looking for.

Thank you for your time.

Cheers,

-Rob 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Robert Kovacich

Re: PDF Annotation toolbar modifications

by Eleanor Johnston -
Hi Rob,

Did you ever find an answer to your question? I am a language teacher and badly need the features you mentioned. It is extremely frustrating not being able to undo a mistake you made or use an eraser. I have tried using the colour white and a pen, but the problem is that it then overwrites what the student has written (usually in black). At the moment I am having to save the PDF files from Moodle, then export them to Box, open them in a different PDF editor and use my Apple pencil to edit them on my iPad before saving the files and emailing them to students. It is taking forever. It seems it would be so much quicker to just print and do the corrections manually at this stage.

Have you heard about any plugins that include the missing features? I've heard about PDF Annotator, but it seems that it only offers features that the students can themselves use to annotate a PDF you upload (read each other's comments, like, etc.) but like you, I'm looking for something that makes it easier for me to give feedback directly on PDFs.

I'd really appreciate a reply - I'm sure we're not the only ones struggling with this!

Best wishes from Germany,
Eleanor

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Eleanor Johnston

by Robert Kovacich -
I am sorry Eleanor, I did not.
I did figure out that you can remove the sidebar by clicking the 3rd of the three boxes in the bottom right hand corner. That at least gave me more space to write.
But no, I am not sure who I should be talking to for the kind of adjustments we are both looking for.
Cheers,
-Rob
In reply to Robert Kovacich

by Eleanor Johnston -
Thanks for the quick reply, Rob. Being able to increase the size of the page certainly does help the correction process, and I didn't know that function.

If it helps, I also found out yesterday by trailing through forums that clicking on the "Arrow" allows you to select elements that you commented on and delete them (a kind of indirect "eraser"). And some versions of the toolbar seem to now have the "undo/redo" function (see forum thread here: https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-60299?attachmentOrder=desc) but unfortunately we don't have that version of the toolbar at the university I work at...

Best,
Eleanor