Use a user token to launch a course

Use a user token to launch a course

by Ron Meske -
Number of replies: 1
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Hello,

I have an existing web site that that has a section with a few online SCORM courses listed.  The goal is to host these courses in Moodle for tracking and reporting purposes but keep the student experience the same with the existing web site as the courses are just a small portion of it.  The student will have an account in Moodle that was previously created.

I am able to authenticate the student against Moodle and get a token, but I have not found a way to use that token and pass it back to Moodle when a course is launched.  Currently, when the Moodle course link is opened it is asking the student to login again.  I am sure there is a way to do this given the Moodle Mobile App, but I have not been able to track down the means of doing it.

Essentially I am wanting Moodle to be the backend and the existing web site the frontend from a students perspective.  

I am currently running Moodle 4.0.x

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ron Meske

Re: Use a user token to launch a course

by Ron Meske -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
For anyone looking to do something similar, I ended up creating a plugin that exposed a few functions as part of the Moodle API that provided the functionality I needed.