4.1 - Grades link not showing in course menu

4.1 - Grades link not showing in course menu

by Susan Hanisch -
Number of replies: 10

I have upgraded to Moodle 4.1 and busy figuring it all out.

One thing I can't seem to figure out is why the link to the Gradebook is not showing for students nor teachers in the course menu. 

Searching around for 4.1 tells me there should be this "Grades" link on the course menu (see e.g.

), but I don't see it - the course (calling them Modules on my platform) menu for teachers looks like this: 

I am using LearnR theme. 

Any setting I am missing?

Thanks!

In reply to Susan Hanisch

Re: 4.1 - Grades link not showing in course menu

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hello there. First of all try changing to the standard Boost theme. If you see the Grades link there, then it means your LearnR theme has not been updated for 4.1 yet.
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Susan Hanisch -
Thanks, it also does not show in Boost theme, guess I should have mentioned that...

by Susan Hanisch -
I am still looking for a solution to this problem. For admins/teachers the workaround for now is that I added an admin block across the system. Students still can't access their course grades directly. I have to direct them now to their user menu, grades, and then click on the course.

I have no idea why that grades links is not appearing in the course menu ...

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Have you checked all the permissions for grades to ensure they are the default, and that none has been altered? (Authenticated user, teacher and student?) And did teachers and students see grades directly before you upgraded?
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Susan Hanisch -

I have checked permissions and it doesn't look like there's anything wrong there. Students are allowed to view own grades, teachers are allowed to view grader report etc. I have turned on "view own grades" for authenticated users but that didn't change anything...

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Under the course settings, is show gradebook to students checked?
In reply to Emma Richardson

by Susan Hanisch -

yes it's checked. This would also not explain why teachers can't see the grades link either...

by Greg Myles -
Hi, not sure whether you found a solution to this, but we were experiencing exactly the same issue. Removing the plugin 'Boost Navigation Fumbling' fixed it for us. Hope this helps someone!
In reply to Greg Myles

by Susan Hanisch -

Hey Greg,

wow, my goodness!! You found the solution!!

I uninstalled it and - bam - the Grades link appears!

thanks so much for sharing your solution, much appreciated!!