Suggestion: allow student to upload/comment when he select his status

Suggestion: allow student to upload/comment when he select his status

by Jeffrey Mao -
Number of replies: 2

Dear Managers and Developers:

Thank you for deliver us this awesome Moodle System. Please kindly allow me to provide a suggestion that allows students to upload file/leave comments when he/she picks a status in his attendence.

In some circumstance, one or more students have to put his attendence status long after a class (for example, he/she got diagnosed and quarantied at home for several days). The teacher would like them to provide their notification letters from the clinics or medical certificates, hence the teacher will reset their attendence status.

Is it possible to have upload and comment fields alongside with their "Submit attendence" button?

Thank you, all the brillent professionals.

Sincerely,

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jeffrey Mao

Re: Suggestion: allow student to upload/comment when he select his status

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
I would suggest that you put this in as a feature request on the github site. (Link found on plugin page).
In reply to Jeffrey Mao

Re: Suggestion: allow student to upload/comment when he select his status

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Great to hear you find the plugin useful (I'm the lead maintainer/developer behind the attendance plugin.)

As Emma mentions - it would definitely be a good idea to add a feature request into the github issues tracker for the plugin, but I'm not sure this is something I'd have time to implement as a volunteer - if you have internal development capabilities, pull requests are always welcome! - If you come from an organisation that has the budget to pay a developer to complete this work feel free to reach out privately and we can discuss rates etc (I work for the Moodle Partner Catalyst IT).