STACK breaks when question complexity increases

STACK breaks when question complexity increases

by Marco Cigna -
Number of replies: 3
Hi everyone,

When using the STACK plugin, the plugin breaks giving the following error but I'm unable to find out why? 
This error occurs when I added the second line as seen below:

I then clicked "verify the question text and update the form" and then used the following settings:

Then proceed clicked "Save changes and continue editing".

The following error is then produced:

Any help is appreciated!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Marco Cigna

Re: STACK breaks when question complexity increases

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
I am going to move this thread to the Mathematics tools forum, since discussion of STACK mostly takes place there.
In reply to Marco Cigna

by Christopher Sangwin -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
I'm fairly sure (without checking) that this is because the input name "second" is also a function name in Maxima. When you try to evaluate the PRT, second is being used as a function without its arguments and this is breaking things.

That's a totally un-helpful error message. I'll try to hunt this down and improve the error trapping here.
Chris
In reply to Christopher Sangwin

by Marco Cigna -
Hi Christopher,

Thanks for the reply. This happens with almost any variable for example I have used "test" "cable" and a bunch other variables and it still comes up with an error. It doesn't like me adding more than 1 stack subquestion per question. Not sure how this occured since we had stack working perfectly before having multiple different sub-questions per question.