Show Topics/Activities based on used enrolment method

Show Topics/Activities based on used enrolment method

by Matthias Tylkowski -
Number of replies: 1
Picture of Plugin developers
We use Moolde for managing language learning courses. We have a Problem with students that enrol into multiple courses, even those which are not for their level of language knowledge. To mitigate this problem we plan to create an enrolment course with multiple self enrolment methods. One method for each available course. Then the user will be manually enrolled into the real course based on the enrolment method they used.

This solves the multiple enrolments issue. The next issue, why I'm asking this question is: Is it possible to show Topics/Activities based on the enrolment method they used?

All users have to be perform a language test to determine their level, except for people that enrolled via the lowest level method. So the people that have to perform the test should see specific informations for them, while the others should see different information.

It seems this is not possible with base moodle. It could work via groups, but groups are not automatically created via the used enrolment. I also looked for plugins, but couldn't find any.

Does somebody have an idea how this could be solved?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Matthias Tylkowski

Re: Show Topics/Activities based on used enrolment method

by Giovanni Vosloo -
Hi Matthias,

This is a very strange request, but I think if you use a combination of items you can solve your problems.

• Manual enrollments to control enrollments.
  • Sub courses plugin to create a "structured enrolment course".
  • Use restrict access to just force them to do the one after the other.

If I understood the request incorrectly, my apologies.