Blocks Exception Error

Blocks Exception Error

by Dawn Smartt -
Number of replies: 2
Hello,
I clicked "Turn editing on" on the Home page, and now no matter what Admin page I go to I get this error:

I recently upgraded to Version: 4.0.4+ (Build 20221025)

Error

Exception - Return value of block_accessreview::can_block_be_added() must be of the type bool, null returned
Debug info:
Error code: generalexceptionmessage
Stack trace:
  • line 176 of \blocks\accessreview\block_accessreview.php: TypeError thrown
  • line 228 of \lib\blocklib.php: call to block_accessreview->can_block_be_added()
  • line 2356 of \lib\blocklib.php: call to block_manager->get_addable_blocks()
  • line 1283 of \lib\blocklib.php: call to block_add_block_ui()
  • line 688 of \lib\outputrenderers.php: call to block_manager->ensure_content_created()
  • line 29 of \theme\adaptable\layout\includes\head.php: call to core_renderer->standard_head_html()
  • line 130 of \theme\adaptable\layout\includes\header.php: call to require_once()
  • line 30 of \theme\adaptable\layout\columns2.php: call to require_once()
  • line 1473 of \lib\outputrenderers.php: call to include()
  • line 1399 of \lib\outputrenderers.php: call to core_renderer->render_page_layout()
  • line 136 of \admin\roles\admins.php: call to core_renderer->header()

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Dawn Smartt

Blocks Exception Error

by Paul Holden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Moodle Workplace team Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Hi Dawn, I had a look to see if this had been reported previously - looks like someone else experienced the same: MDL-74755

As a workaround, you can visit the "Advanced features" section of your site administration and toggle the "Enable accessibility tools" option
In reply to Paul Holden

Re: Blocks Exception Error

by Dawn Smartt -
Unfortunately any page in the site administration gave me the same error. I was able to resolve it by renaming the "blocks" folder name to "blocksTEMP" to deactivate that plugin. That allowed me to Turn Editing Off. After I turned it off I renamed the folder back to "block".