Collating several "Feedback" activities into one document

Collating several "Feedback" activities into one document

by Eleanor North -
Number of replies: 2

Hello,

I am wondering if there is a clever work-around on MoodleCloud to collate several "feedback" activities into one document. 

To explain - we are developing a child protection training, during which, at the end of each module, participants will produce a part of a child protection policy. e.g. in Module 1 they will be asked to describe the laws around child protection in their country, and to put this information into a "feedback" activity. By the end of the training, they will have filled in lots of these "feedback" activities and by doing so, will have written most of their Child Protection Policy. Is there a way of extracting the information that they give and collating it into one document? Ideally into a pre-existing template where their responses get slotted in at the appropriate points? If not, is there a work-around which would achieve the same results?

Thanks!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Eleanor North

Re: Collating several "Feedback" activities into one document

by Giovanni Vosloo -
Hi Eleanor,

This is not going to be achieved with normal Moodle function due to the Feedback activity being created for Feedback and not document building. You will need to develop a custom report/function to collect al the responses from the user in that course and place it in one document for you. Seeing that Moodle already has the responses and information, I cannot see why this will be too difficult to develop.

The bigger issue now is that you are on Moodle Cloud and it does not allow any custom development. You will need to host the site yourself or ask a certified Moodle partner to host it and help develop this for you.

I work for AOSIS, a South African Moodle partner and we can help with both the option I mentioned.
In reply to Eleanor North

Re: Collating several "Feedback" activities into one document

by Visvanath Ratnaweera -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators
This topic is known in the online business as the portfolio, "a selection of a student's work (such as papers and tests) compiled over a period of time and used for assessing performance or progress" (Source https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/portfolio).

Moodle is not designed primarily to be a portfolio, as you have realized. Still there could be limited solutions within Moodle. For example you can create a "cohort course". Say the full intake of a certain year/semester is also enrolled in this course. You keep that course running till they graduate.

Depending on how mature they are, the students might like or dislike shifting a summary of their work from the (detailed) courses to this central course. The plus side is, the students do it themselves, you the teachers, don't have to copy things between courses.