Editing emails in Messages > Notificaitons

Editing emails in Messages > Notificaitons

by Euan Hill -
Number of replies: 0

Hi,

I've been searching for a way to email a student once they've completed (met completion criteria set) on a course.

I've been looking for quite some time now and found various discussions, but nothing concluding without using a plugin, yet it feels the capability must be there somewhere!

I'd initially tried using the event monitoring and setting up a trigger on core course completion. I can see how I can create this and subscribe myself, but I couldn't find any way of having it so a student would be able to receive the same notification for if they completed the course.

I've now moved onto Messaging > Notification settings and found that if I have these activated and the Course Completion notification active I definitely receive an email on completion when I'm a student! 

My issue now is that the email is very basic - I believe it's simply "course completed"..... "You have completed this course" and shares a hyperlink for the course. Is there any way that you can edit the emails to how you'd like them to read? There are WYSIWYG text editors all over Moodle, but I just can't seem to locate one for these emails, haha!

Any help would be appreciated if you've got similar functionality set up - I'm not even sure if I'm approaching this in the best way in the first place!

Thank you in advance.

Average of ratings: -