Google Drive not available - Moodle 3.10.3

Google Drive not available - Moodle 3.10.3

by Quintin Seegers -
Number of replies: 5

We want to use Google Drive to 'store' the images used in our courses. We have followed the documentation to set up the Google Drive Repository (https://docs.moodle.org/310/en/Google_Drive_repository) and OAuth2 services (https://docs.moodle.org/310/en/OAuth_2_services):

When linking the System Account, we get: 

Yet, the OAuth consent screen in Google Cloud says Verification isn't required:

When we click on the (unsafe) link at the bottom, we select the option for Google Drive:

We've also enabled the Google Drive OAuth 2 Service:

When we test the converter, it is confirmed as working: 

However, when we open the File Picker, Google Drive is not listed:

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Quintin Seegers

Re: Google Drive not available - Moodle 3.10.3

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Nothing stands still ... everything changes ...

Have a 3.9,3.10,3.11,and a 4 all using Google Oauth2 and Google Drive.

Had them all working ... until checking what to say in a reply to you.   Don't know when this broke! :\

Partial ...

In moodle config, add to both scopes the following URL:
https://www.googleapis.com/auth/drive

That should at least result in seeing Google in the file chooser. :|

On the Google End - using the account you've setup as system account
https://console.cloud.google.com/apis/
API's & Services

Look through all of it!!! :|   Changes took place on the google end! ... but I couldn't tell you where exactly.

Enabled API's and services are?
Credentials?
OAuth consent screen is?
Domain Verification completed? (would recommend a file rather than DNS)

Been tinkering and while I can access videos stored on Google Drive, any option to leave it on Google and play from there doesn't work.   Icon shows the 'shortcut' (curve arrow pointing down) but no play.

The only way I can get it to play is choose the option to copy to moodle which is kinda defeating the purpose of having a Google File System Repo out there with lots of space! :|

GRRRRR!

'SoS', Ken

In reply to Ken Task

by Quintin Seegers -
Our LMS is hosted so I don't have backend access. We have two LMS sites - both have exactly the same setup for Google Drive integration. Oddly enough, one of them started working this morning - Google Drive is showing up in the File Picker, while in the other LMS it is still absent.

by Ken Task -

Maybe ... moved to Google's Workspace - cron jobs/adhoc task.

'SoS', Ken

by Ken Task -

Some more tinkering ... 3.11.highest ... all checks working.

Link in a course to a Google Drive Video ...

direct link to video as a file - no shortcut/alias ... no go - forever spinning wheel.

On same resource ... in description of above ... the copied shared link works in new window.

On same resource - in description of above and below the shared link just above ... embedded works with no new window.  Could expand to full screen.

Sooo .... don't know what to tell you ... wait for Google to approve your app ... don't re-call how long that took the first time I set it up ... at that time maybe a day?

Then tinker ... like I did above to see what works ... use that! :|

'SoS', Ken

Attachment Screen Shot 2022-09-06 at 8.37.08 PM.png

by Quintin Seegers -
Turns out the issue was caused by the Repository Plugin Name (Site Admin > Plugins > Repositories > Google Drive) being blank and not auto-populating. After saving this screen a second time, the Repository Plugin Name was auto-populated and Google Drive is now showing up in the File Picker. .
Average of ratings: Useful (1)