Boost Theme - Boostrap Accordion Issue

Boost Theme - Boostrap Accordion Issue

by Tom Cripps -
Number of replies: 2

I've been dealing with some feedback from one our users who are testing our imminent upgrade to Moodle 4, That closing/opening a section on the bootstrap accordion also closes the parent topic space on weekly and topic course format if placed inside a label on the course page. This is obviously undesirable and make the accordion unusable.

This is happening on our custom Boost child theme, but is also happening as tested by me, on a clean install of vanilla Boost, so I'm working on the assumption it will affect everyone using Boost on 4:

to recreate this issue:

1. Create a label on a module set up on topics (or weeks) course format
  2. Paste the demo code in from the html in the Bootstrap 4.6 documentation, (and attached to this post) and place this code inside the label on the course page.
  3. Save
  4. click on the heading to open section one of the accordion (the whole section closes)
I've looked to see if there are clashing IDs or other names elements that this functionality relies on, but even editing the default code from Bootstrap to all custom IDs has not resolved the issue, am I being stupid? It's possible! The accordion works fine when it's placed on a page or in a book, but this is going to be problematic for those users who are used to using it on the course page. Any help is appreciated.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Tom Cripps

Re: Boost Theme - Boostrap Accordion Issue

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
I did have a look and can replicate, but can't deduce why! Could be an actual bug in the underlying framework JS?