Français (fr) certificate not being emailed to students

Français (fr) certificate not being emailed to students

by Henk Bekker -
Number of replies: 2

Hi everyone,

I trust you are all doing well.

I am having a challenge with the custom certificate that is not being sent to students via email.  The sending of the certificates via email is working 100% in all our other english courses.

This is our first french course were we are forcing the language on a specific course.

Moodle Version: 3.9.0

Plugin name and version: mod_customcert_moodle39_2020061500

Please also see error being shown in the Language packs.  Is this issue perhaps being caused by the below error message?

How can this be resolved?

My initial thoughts were that it had to do with the course name were one of the words in the course name, "Prévoyance', contains a punction mark, so too does the certificate name.  I did notice that when downloading the certificate, the 'é' is removed from the certificate pdf file name.

Attachment Language pack error message.PNG
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Henk Bekker

Re: Français (fr) certificate not being emailed to students

by Séverin Terrier -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Henk,

The lang page clearly indicates that your server has a problem for the French language, missing an adapted locale.

You should resolve this problem of locale, to add the good one, so that french language will be OK. It will certainly be much more better after that.

Séverin
Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Séverin Terrier

Re: Français (fr) certificate not being emailed to students

by Henk Bekker -
Hi Séverin,

Thank you for the reply. Yes, I agree, I will have to engage with our IT department on this.

Henk