Hide the Navigation in Moodle Lesson

Hide the Navigation in Moodle Lesson

by Kim Scott -
Number of replies: 5

Is there a way you can hide the previous and next activity or the jump to option in Moodle lesson? Also why is there a next button on the left hand side? Can we hide that too?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Kim Scott

Re: Hide the Navigation in Moodle Lesson

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Kim,
There are so many (too many?) parameters in the Lesson activity that it is difficult to help you without actually having access to your Lesson specimen. Please export your lesson and attach the export file to your next message here.
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Kim Scott -
This is just a basic lesson created with a content page. I referring to the button in the attachment. When creating a content page in Moodle lesson, they require that you add something in the content section and choose where it navigates to. 
Attachment Remove content button.png
In reply to Kim Scott

by Quintin Seegers -
Hi Kim,

We achieved this by adding the following Raw SCSS to our theme:

body.path-mod.pagelayout-incourse div.activity-navigation {
display: none;
}

That removed the whole bottom section below the Next button.

Speaking of the Next button - that is so users/students can navigate to the next page in the lesson. It you just want a single page with content, the Page activity might be better than the Lesson Activity.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Quintin Seegers

by Kim Scott -

The button that said Next is the one I want to remove. I labeled it in the attachment. I think they like the navigation buttons but thank you because I may be able to use that later. 

Attachment Remove content button.png
In reply to Kim Scott

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Sorry but I don't understand why you want to remove that "Next" button. It's required for the student to navigate from the current page to the next (or the end of the lesson).

Again, if you agreed to attach your exported Lesson to you reply I could examine it and maybe understand better your problem.