Feedback invited on grade calculation plugin

Feedback invited on grade calculation plugin

by Jeremy FitzPatrick -
Number of replies: 0
Picture of Plugin developers

I have created a plugin designed to help institutions use grade calculations consistently. Why, well the use case might look like this:

As a course creator I need to follow a predefined grading system as set out in curriculum documents.  I am not an expert on grade calculations. I would like a tool I can use help me with grade calculations so that I can be sure I have my grade book set up correctly.

As a Moodle Administrator I am somewhat of a grade calculation expert, or can at least confidently follow the docs. I would like consistency in the courses so I can be assured of the robustness of learner results.

As a learner I want my grades to add up correctly so that I can continue to focus on the areas of learning I need to focus on.

Before I release this on the Moodle plugins, I'd appreciate some further testing and feedback on the usefulness of such a tool. If you are interested you can download the plugin from https://github.com/noisyjerm/moodle-gradereport_calcsetup/archive/refs/heads/master.zip Install it onto a development site, not a production site as it is not ready for that yet.

Install it into the /grades/report/ directory

There is an example course included which will be helpful in seeing how it works.

If you have any comments or suggestions please reply here.

Thanks