Exporting Grades in Moodle 4.01

Exporting Grades in Moodle 4.01

by Sam Bern -
Number of replies: 5
On moodlecloud pre update when we went to the grader report  and chose to export the grades, we were first saw the checklist export, with a submenu to move to the excel grade export. Now the submenu doesn't appear, so all we can export is checklists but not the actual grades. Is there a way around this?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sam Bern

Re: Exporting Grades in Moodle 4.01

by Christine Scully -
We are having the same problem and are required to download our grades today.  Please let us know how to download student grades please, at this time we can only download that they have clicked the box to say they have read guidelines to start the course - this is useless as if they had not they could not have done the course and gained a result. 
A quick resolution please
Thank you
Christine
In reply to Christine Scully

by Praj Basnet -
Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of MoodleCloud team
This appears to be a bug that is being looked into. In the meantime if you modify the URL, you can get to the export link for excel e.g.
https://.moodlecloud.com/grade/export/checklist/index.php?id=
Change the value of "checklist" in the URL to "xls" to get the format options e.g.
https://.moodlecloud.com/grade/export/xls/index.php?id=
Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Praj Basnet

by Cam Howard -

Thanks for this workaround. I ran into this issue today. Grade export was working fine in Moodle 3.11 before the upgrade to Moodle 4.0.1.

Here are the specifics of my experience in case it's helpful to anyone else.

In Site administration > Grades > General settings, I have "Primary grade export methods" set to "OpenDocument spreadsheet" and "Excel spreadsheet."

When I try to export grades from a course, I get a message that says "No suitable checklists found."

This is quite puzzling since I'm not using checklists in any of the courses and Checklist is not selected as one of the ways to export grades.

The recommendation from Praj Basnet to change "checklist" to "xls" in the URL of the page that displays the error message enabled me to get to the page where I could choose how to export grades, what should be included, and other export options.

Praj, you say this "appears to be a bug that is being looked into." I could not find a tracker issue for this. Can you point me to the issue in the Moodle Tracker?

Thanks!

In reply to Cam Howard

by Praj Basnet -
Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of MoodleCloud team
The reason that checklists show up is that it is an additional plugin (https://moodle.org/plugins/view.php?plugin=gradeexport_checklist) included with MoodleCloud that is not part of Moodle core and is what is causing this to appear first.

On that note, the reason why there isn't a public tracker for this one is that it is being internally worked on by the MoodleCloud team as it relates to this additional plugin and isn't a core Moodle issue.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Praj Basnet

by Cam Howard -
Thanks, Praj! That's very helpful. I appreciate your explanations about why the issue is happening and why there is no tracker for it.