My Course page is blank

My Course page is blank

by Govind Mishra -
Number of replies: 9

I am using moodle 4.0, my course page is blank. Even I set the course start & end date according to the current date. How to get enrolled course list on moodle My Course page of each student. Screen-shot is below:

Also, One more question I have - How to redirect the permanent Home page to dashboard.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Govind Mishra

Re: My Course page is blank

by Jon Bolton -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
A course will only show in the Course Overview block if you’re actually enrolled in the course (if you’re an admin, you will be able to access all courses and engage with the content without being enrolled).

For the redirection, go to Site Admin > Appearance > Navigation and change the setting for “Default home page”. See https://docs.moodle.org/400/en/Dashboard#Default_home_page
In reply to Jon Bolton

by Govind Mishra -
The dashboard page is displaying blocks, but the My course page is blank. Admin, teachers, students.. all users enrolled in multiple courses are not able to view the course overview block on the My course page. Also, I added(for testing) a course overview block on Dashboard, working fine on this page.

Redirection is already working fine.

Attachment Capture.JPG

by Govind Mishra -
Got the solution.
Actually, I deleted the course overview block so it deleted the instance from the block_instance DB table. Again I installed the same plugin and added an instance manually in the block_instance DB table. Got the subpage id(for block_instance DB table) after enabling debug mode on my course page(footer section a message displayed).
Average of ratings: Useful (1)

by Jaymark Caton -

Hello, I am also experiencing this kind of error or bug in the moodle system. Can you help me how you manage to bring back the contents under the mycourse page?

by Gisele Brugger -

Thank you Nitin,

I did as you said and the block showed the courses again on the moodle/my/courses.php page.

1- remove block: myoverview 
2- reinstall block: myoverview
3- enable debug developer and mark the option: debugpageinfo to yes

4- access paga moodle/my/courses.php and and look at the footer

info courses

5- insert in database tabel : block_instaces this information
database

Average of ratings: Useful (2)

by Vardaan Solia -
Picture of Testers
Hi,

I encountered a similar issue. I checked all the course overview block settings and everything but could not get the My Courses page to display anything. I was about to uninstall the plugin when I decided to check under blocks overview where I found the course overview block disabled. Simply enabling it did the trick for me.

Long story short - Ensure that the block is not disabled under blocks. It happened automatically when I upgraded to version 4.1 from 3.11.

In reply to Vardaan Solia

Ri: Re: My Course page is blank

by Davide Vigano -
Hi!
This additional HTML to hide "my courses".
moodle 4.1.1+
theme Almond Premium

"advanced setting"
Raw SCSS:   
ul.nav > li:nth-child(3) {

display:none !important;

}

smile
Bye Davide (Italian... sorry for my english)
In reply to Davide Vigano

Ri: Re: My Course page is blank

by Davide Vigano -
Sorry, this is correct
ul.nav > li[data-key="mycourses"] {
display:none !important;
}