Creating a plugin to embed bigbluebutton live stream into moodle.

Creating a plugin to embed bigbluebutton live stream into moodle.

by Gaurav Dhankhar -
Number of replies: 4

I am a beginner and my goal is to create an API/plugin that works with the bigbluebutton plugin of moodle and embed the bigbluebutton live stream on the moodle page itself. Please tell me how to begin with the project and its roadmap. I am really confused.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Gaurav Dhankhar

Re: Creating a plugin to embed bigbluebutton live stream into moodle.

by Gaurav Dhankhar -

Please help me in creating the plugin. Its kind of urgent.

Ri: Re: Creating a plugin to embed bigbluebutton live stream into moodle.

by Sergio Rabellino -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
First of all, there is a plugin for BBB yet embedded in Moodle starting from 4.0 release. For Moodle and BBB there's a lot of development documentation and, finally, your request it's for me confused.
Anyway, this is a community, so do you think that anyone is urged by your work? If anyone has time (and know the response) maybe in the future will add a more specific post, but this is not commercial support, for that, ask to some Moodle Partner or to BBB creators and maybe you'll get a response timely.

by Shamiso Jaravaza -
Hi Gaurav Dhankhar,

As mentioned, BBB comes pre-installed within Moodle core as of 4.0. I'm not sure I understand what you mean by livestreaming on the moodle page itself, but BBB operates using sessions that users must join from within an activity. There is no other way a meeting can be accessed besides joining first, so some form of livestreaming would still require entry into a specific room.

by Louisa van der Linden -
Hi there,
My assumption is that you want to live stream a BBB session since you have too many users to join the actual session? I.e. your load is too high. In that case you can install your own dedicated BBB cluster which will allow an increase in users that can join a session. We do this for large institutions using BBB. Alternatively you can have panelists join your BBB activity (make the activity only available to them), then stream it to Youtube or a similar platform with existing tools out there and embed that Youtube (or whichever platform you use) link in Moodle on the course page or a Page activity as example.
Coding a live stream API is quite a big feat, perhaps start with some existing tools. All the best.