Request for Comments - Capable survey plugin or system

Request for Comments - Capable survey plugin or system

by tim st.clair -
Number of replies: 2
Picture of Plugin developers

I've been scouring the plugins database and GitHub looking for a capable surveying tool that can either be embedded or as a plugin and have come up trumps, so I'm asking the community. An ideal tool for me would need to have:

• Fairly standard question types - single choice, multiple choices, rating (Likert), text entry
  • The ability to have an 'other' response in choice types where if the response isn't already present, they can type one in
  • Sections or arbitrary length with a label/description; "The next set of questions relate to the ..."
  • Both tracked and anonymous delivery modes (e.g. an anonymous survey in a course with only guest access)
  • Weighted/scored responses that can be tallied to a final result numerical value, for the purposes of reporting or routing
  • Routing or piping based on previous responses (e.g. a lesson where a given response might cause a section/set of questions to appear) is a highly desirable feature
  • Granular response data filtering, e.g. restricting data to a cohort, group, date range, etc.
  • Reporting capability, preferably with graphs for aggregate reporting, or the ability to examine individual responses (both tracked and anonymous)
  • The ability to export response data to Excel in a meaningful way, particularly if a survey was authenticated (tracked) having enough identifiable user data on each record
  • The ability to act or direct a user after the survey is finished is a critical feature - e.g. show a message only after submission, or redirect to a URL, or trigger an alert/email to a certain destination.
  • The ability to be seamlessly embedded into a Moodle course/page without introducing things like third-party advertisements or upsells.

I would appreciate any ideas or experiences with commercial tools that people have had

Average of ratings: -
In reply to tim st.clair

Re: Request for Comments - Capable survey plugin or system

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
What's wrong with Questionnaire or Feedback? I note that you have some very specific requirements....
In reply to tim st.clair

Re: Request for Comments - Capable survey plugin or system

by Jon Bolton -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
Questionnaire (plugin) does all of that out of the box.

Feedback (core) does the vast majority of it too.