Display problems with certain languages

Display problems with certain languages

by Joe Phillips -
Number of replies: 1

Hi Everyone! This is my first post in the forums, so if this should be somewhere else, please let me know. 

I have a moodle (just launched) that can be viewed in English, Ukrainian, Russian, and Kazakh. In English and Ukrainian I have not noticed any problems. However in Russian and Kazakh on mobile, when I go to the create new account page (mydomain/login/signup.php) the page is significantly zoomed in vs the English and Ukrainian versions. The left and right ends of the sign up form are not visible, and I cannot even use my finger to scroll over to the left end of the form. Rotating the phone 90 degrees fixes the issue, but it still makes signups on mobile difficult in these languages. 

Is this something I can correct with CSS? Does anyone have any ideas where I can look for a solution to this issue?

I am using moodle 4.0.1, PHP 7.4, MariaDB 10.5, on AWS EC2 Ubuntu 2 instance. Boost theme. It's a fresh install. I have only changed the site logo so far. 

Thanks in advance for any help!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Joe Phillips

Re: Display problems with certain languages

by Joe Phillips -
For anyone who is interested, I have somewhat solved this problem. I still don't know why the behaviour is different between languages, but this line of CSS fixes it:
@media (max-width: 450px){ .login-container { width: 100vw;}}