How do I get Teacher Profile to Show on course Page?

How do I get Teacher Profile to Show on course Page?

by Francisco Nova -
Number of replies: 7

Saludos a todos.

Soy nuevo com moodle y me gustaria me ayudaran...

Quiero poner algunos datos del profesor en el tema 0 de cada curso inscrito.

Estuve investigando pero no encuentro nada concreto.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Francisco Nova

Re: How do I get Teacher Profile to Show on course Page?

by Randy Thornton -
Picture of Documentation writers
Hola Francisco,

¡Bienvenidos a Moodle!

Estos foros son de inglés. Los de español están por acá y hay mucha gente ahí quien se ayude con esto. Si quiere pedir ayuda aquí, por favor vuelva preguntar en inglés para que podamos ayudarse.

Saludos,

Randy

In reply to Randy Thornton

by Randy Thornton -

To answer your question, one way to do this is to put a Label in Section 0 of your course. Then the teacher can put there information there. Section 0, also known as the General section, always shows up for students. They can not collapse like the other sections.

Some people prefer to use a block for this instead of putting the information in Section 0. You can use the HTML block, also known as a Text block, to do this. Depending on your theme, blocks will show up right or left side of the main course material.

by Francisco Nova -

The following happens.

I am in charge of managing the moodle platform of the UAPA Open University for Adults. There I manage about 3000 courses every 2 months and according to the university's policies, all the courses that have an assigned professor must have their name, surname, email and telephone number in section 0.

So to do the process of putting the name of the teacher to each course after I create them and import the standard content to each one, I have to add the information that you mention above.

So I'm looking for a solution to extract the professor from the course and show him in section 0 with the data he mentions in an automated way.

Attachment 2022-05-12 15_43_36-Curso_ CURSO ESTÁNDAR DE GEOGRAFÍA UNIVERSAL.png

by Randy Thornton -
Ah, " I'm looking for a solution to extract the professor from the course and show him in section 0 with the data he mentions in an automated way."

That makes sense. I use the FilterCodes plugin to do this sort of thing. It is located here: https://moodle.org/plugins/filter_filtercodes

Once installed, it will allow you to put variables in the text which then get filled in when the user sees the page. One of those is the {coursecontacts} variable.

by Francisco Nova -
How do I use the filter?

In which part of Moodle is it enabled to use it; Well, I installed it but I don't see it

by Randy Thornton -
You need to go into the Site admin > Plugins > Filters and then enable it in the filter list. I usually put it second in the list so that it processes early.

It is a filter, so it is reading the text on the page as the is being sent to the user and replacing the variables with the actual values. The list of the all the variables it supports are on the Plugin documentation page: https://moodle.org/plugins/filter_filtercodes. It uses curly braces {} for the variables.

For example, create a Label in a course and enter this: Hello (firstname}! Welcome to {coursename}. Save it and then log in as a student to the course. When the page loads, the filter will replace {firstname} and {coursename} with the proper values of that user and that course.

You will find many more examples for how to use it in this forum: https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=359252

by Francisco Nova -

Thanks for the help.

But if I want to display more information (such as phone and email) where in the filter.php file should I do it.