Before Behat, setting filter multilang to active=1 like with local/defaults.php

Before Behat, setting filter multilang to active=1 like with local/defaults.php

by Luca Bösch -
Number of replies: 4
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi, I have a question.

I'm really unsure whether that's possible and how to tackle this.
When behat inits, it builds the site 'Acceptance Test Site', thereby applying the values from local/defaults.php.

Now, I need to set something different, which isn't in the config and config_plugins table: the global settings of a filter.

In adminstration that's under plugins → filters → Manage filters. In the database, that's in the filter_active table: active should be 1 for the row with filter = 'multilang'.

Does anyone have a hint on how to do this?

Best,

Luca

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Luca Bösch

Re: Before Behat, setting filter multilang to active=1 like with local/defaults.php

by Renaat Debleu -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Background:
Given the "multilang" filter is "on"
And the "multilang" filter applies to "content and headings"
In reply to Renaat Debleu

Re: Before Behat, setting filter multilang to active=1 like with local/defaults.php

by Luca Bösch -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
That's in the context of a single Behat test, Renaat.
Thanks anyway.
What I want to acheive is that when a Behat testing site is built (with init.php), then the value should be set for the multilang filter to be on and apply to content and headings.
Do you see what I mean?

Best,
Luca
In reply to Luca Bösch

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Luca, I don't think you are thinking about this the right way.

Each Behat scenario should be an independent test of some Moodle functionality, starting from a completely new Moodle install, and doing any required setup that it needs.

In fact, I would argue that installing the acceptance testing site should not use local/defaults.php.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Luca Bösch -
Hhmh, I'm considering changing my mind then.

It's just that with the local/default.php pre-loading of e.g. footer and custom menu (and creating a suite with the theme to have Behat run with) the browser executing the commands really does show a quite 1:1 equivalent on what the Moodle page then really does look like to end users.
It's just that the multilang filters aren't applied, and that hurts a bit, although it is only eye candy (the footer being mainly affected).

This is to illustrate the point of view I was starting, so you may also see that part.
But, as said, I value your point as well, and now I'm a bit torn apart.

But do not worry.

Best,
Luca