Getting reports needed on Moodlecloud

Getting reports needed on Moodlecloud

by Michelle Doherty -
Number of replies: 0

Hi,

We are hosted MoodleCloud users and I'm stuck trying to get the information I need using the reports available.

Background Info:

We have a number of courses  in which the assessment for each topic within the course is a quiz made up of 30 -60 essay questions (quiz).  Usually 14 - 15 quizzes across the course.  The quizzes are manually graded by the trainers.

The students can attempt each quiz as many times as needed.  The quiz settings are set so that when they start a new attempt their previous answers are brought into the new attempt.

Each course has up to five trainers with specific students assigned to their group.

Reporting Requirement:

For each course, I need to do a report that shows something like this but accurately shows the number of quiz attempts graded.

What reports I've tried and the issue:

- Individual quiz report - can show me this but topic (unit) but it would mean having lookup formulas to group the students under their trainer.  it would also mean running the report for each quiz separately - which would also be very time consuming

- Activity Completion - only shows when it was completed (graded as a pass)

- Course Logs exported to excel

• Adjusting the date so it is date format not text and using that to extract monthly data
  • Using the 'Event Name' column to count instances of 'quiz attempt submitted' - this works great for the submissions
  • Using the 'Event Name' column to count instances of 'user graded' - this doesn't work as it overinflates the number (see image above).  
    I've worked out that 'user graded' includes partially graded quizzes (i.e. the trainer graded part of the quiz, left it and then came back and finished grading it)
  • Using the 'Event Name' column to count instances of 'Course activity completion updated' - It only counts when the quiz was graded as a pass - not when it was graded and needed to be done again.

What I need help with?

I need a report that shows how many quiz attempts have been graded by each trainer and I need to be able to split this into months.  It would be good if it showed the quiz name in the report as in the future we might want to be able to drill further and show this information as well.

Does anyone know how I can accurately get this information from a course hosted on Moodlecloud in a user-friendly way (i.e. so I don't have to pull things from various reports'

Thanks for any help/suggestions. 

Michelle

Average of ratings: -