ERROR!!! The code you are using is OLDER than the version that made these databases!

ERROR!!! The code you are using is OLDER than the version that made these databases!

by Ahmad Kamirea -
Number of replies: 1

Hello Moodle Communities: 

I need urgent help with this issue. I tried upgrading Moodle to the latest version. I put the site in maintenance mode and I started the upgrade. However, after the upgrade was finished, Moodle did not load. I had an alternate login page because I was using a plugin for accessing the website with a token from Google Authenticator, I commented out that alternate login page from the config.php and tried to login, I got to the sign in page, but when I signed it, I got blank page. I tried to downgrade to the previous Moodle folder, I got this error message: ERROR!!! The code you are using is OLDER than the version that made these databases!

The site has been down for two days and I am out of options. Please if you have any ideas or suggestions, please please let me know. I have got more than 500 users who cannot log into their courses. 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ahmad Kamirea

Re: ERROR!!! The code you are using is OLDER than the version that made these databases!

by Séverin Terrier -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Ahmad,

You should better (have) post in the "Installing and upgrading help" forum or in the "General help" forum.

You should also provide much more details on your server (PHP version, database...) and your Moodle version (and plugins), and also what you did exactly to upgrade.

More information provided, more people can help you (and the opposite) wink

HTH,
Séverin