Bulk upload

Bulk upload

by Rock E. FELLER -
Number of replies: 4

Hello there

Every time I am doing bulk upload, I got the same error:

504 ERROR

The request could not be satisfied.

The error seems to come back each time my file exceeds 30 users. If the file contains less than 30 users, the upload will work fine, therefore, as I have a hundred of new people to import every now and then, this situation is getting quite problematic to us. 

Is there anything that I am doing wrong ?

Can you advise, please? 

Many thanks!

RF

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Rock E. FELLER

Re: Bulk upload

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
I would check timeout settings, paging maybe in the database, settings on the plugin?
In reply to Emma Richardson

by Rock E. FELLER -
OK, but how would you explain the file works 100% if it contains less than 30 users, and stops working if it exceeds that number ?
Cheers!
In reply to Rock E. FELLER

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
That you are hitting a limit somewhere - hence the settings I suggested you look at...
In reply to Emma Richardson

by Rock E. FELLER -
Initially, my user created a bulk file on MS Excel. But, by watching this video : , I understood Excel was not the best tool for this, instead prefer Notepad, or Notepad++ ...
A simple text file saved as a *.csv file, containing 30 users or more, will work fine. Just don't fall for MS Excel or Libre Office Spreadsheet.
That was the trick, we resolved our issue this way.
Hope this comment helps anyone who's experiencing the same issue.
Thank you Emma Richardson.